What is MySAAFoST?
MySAAFoST is the student and young professional chapter of the South African Association for Food Scientists and Technologists! We’re a diverse, passionate group of individuals, within academia and industry, who are learning to navigate the world of Food Science and Technology.
By instilling a culture of “I learn, I lead, I mentor”. We hope to equip and enable one another to become well-rounded and knowledgeable young food scientists. We also aim to ensure the longevity of our association and, in doing so, become the future generation of the South African food industry. Join MySAAFoST today to start your career, learn and have fun along the way!
Q: How do I qualify as a member?
A: Answer yes to any item below: - Registered as a full or part-time student at a South African Tertiary Higher Education Institute - Studying towards a qualification within the Food Science or Technology fields - Employed within the food industry - 10 years or less spent within industry or academia
- Invites to national and regional events
- MySAAFoST discounts on event registration fees
- Access to FST (South African Food Science and Technology) magazine
- Access to SAAFoST website student listings portal
- Opportunities to gain SACNASP points
- Industry networking
- Apply to join MySAAFoST committees
- Gaining and exercising leadership skills
- Exposure to our global affiliates
- Community outreach programmes
- Access to campus support groups and mentorship programmes
- Social events
2019 Membership Fees (incl. 15% VAT):
- Undergraduates – FREE!
- Postgraduate students – R225.00
- Professional member – R665.00